Phone: 860-951-6614
CSEA SEIU Local 2001
Tuition Reimbursement
Jun 03, 2024

Below is a small summary and explanation of the tuition reimbursement process. To learn about the entire process, please access the State’s website below.

Employees who want to apply for tuition reimbursement must have completed 6 months of service. Courses should be taken at fully accredited colleges or universities.  If the institution is not accredited, approval from DAS is required. 

NEW with the 2021-2025 contract: Members can apply for reimbursement for up to 18 credits per year, a jump from 9 credits with our previous contracts!

The State shall appropriate $95,000 in each year of the contract. 

The full process for tuition reimbursement can be found on the State’s website here

At least two weeks before the start of the class, submit CO-101 to your agency’s TRO (Tuition Reimbursement Officer). The most up-to-date forms from the State can be found here. You will need to include the following with your application:

  • course catalog description or brochure 

  • projected course schedule or syllabus if available (or actual course schedule, if available)

  • projected itemization of costs (a copy of fees listed in the educational institution's catalog is acceptable for this purpose). 

Once the class is completed, you will submit the following to your TRO. We recommend attaching your original application or your confirmation of your application with the following documents:

  • A transcript/grade report or a letter from his/her professor on educational institution letterhead indicating:  the semester, the course title, the number of credits for the course, the grade or some other indication the employee has successfully completed the course.

  • Proof of payment including an itemized receipt verifying the amount paid to the educational institution for course(s), registration fee and any loan documentation under specific circumstances, etc.

This reimbursement is on a first-come, first-served basis. Courses from accredited institutions of higher learning will be eligible for this reimbursement, including virtual learning courses. 

Reimbursement for external degree programs and courses at non-accredited schools is subject to prior approval by the Commissioner of Administrative Services or a designee.

The maximum reimbursement rate shall be 75% of the per credit rate for undergraduate and graduate courses at the University of Connecticut at Storrs, including fees.

** It is always a good idea to keep copies for yourself. Scan everything into one pdf and submit it to your TRO via email.  That way you have a paper trail of times and dates of what was submitted and when it was submitted.  If they request interoffice mail submission, you should also send a digital copy stating they should be receiving the inter-office mail. **

By-Laws | Contract |  Inclement Weather |  Leadership |  License Reimbursement | Meetings 
Sabbaticals | Sick Leave Bank | Telework | Tuition Reimbursement | Wellness | Workshop/Conference Reimbursement

Contact Info

Top of Page image
Powered By UnionActive - Copyright © 2024. All Rights Reserved.