These are the methods to obtain up-to-date, official information on any weather or emergency-related closures for the State of Connecticut:
1. The Office of Governor Lamont
In the event of weather-related events, Connecticut television and radio stations will most likely have late opening/closure information from the Office of the Governor.
3. For future reference, you can also sign up for the statewide emergency alert system, also known as Everbridge.
The Everbridge DAS Alert System is an automated emergency notification system that sends information to individuals regarding situations pertinent to them. To receive such notifications, including building issues and weather-related closures, you may enroll in the Everbridge DAS Alert System through the following link - Everbridge DAS Alert System Information Request. If you would like to receive these notifications, please provide the information requested on the form.
Once you follow this link and submit the requested information, within a few days you will receive an email from Diane Dalo from DAS Statewide Security inviting you to finish enrollment by creating your account and providing the specific contact information you would like to use with the Everbridge system.
P3-B Contract Language:
ARTICLE 30 - INCLEMENT WEATHER When an employee is late for work due to severe traveling conditions caused by inclement weather, the employee shall not be charged for such lateness provided that:
(1) He/she reports such conditions to the Employer prior to the normal starting time, or as soon as practicable thereafter.
(2) The employee arrives at work within a reasonable time when compared to other employees traveling to work under similar conditions. This Article shall not apply if the employee fails to report to work and does not preclude the Employer from applying progressive discipline for abuse of this policy. Each teacher in the Department of Mental Unified School District #3 is assigned a regular work station and shall report to that location when client appointments are canceled during inclement weather days.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, the parties have agreed to cross-bargaining unit language regarding inclement weather, which can be found in Appendix F.
APPENDIX F – CROSS-BARGAINING UNIT LANGUAGE
Vacation, PL and Sick Time Impact for Non-Essential Employees
• Employees out sick shall not be charged a sick day or personal day if the state is closed or the Governor has ordered nonessential state employees not to report to work during that employee's normal work shift
• Employees on vacations for less than a week shall not be charged a vacation day if the state is closed during that employee's normal work shift.
• Employees scheduled out of the office on leave for a week shall be charged for such leave if the state is closed during such time.
10 month Employees Choosing a 12 month Pay Plan - Shall be treated like any other 12 month employee for purposes of inclement weather closings.
Situational Telework Requests
If you are approved for telework and/or situational telework, you may request this situational telework in advance of inclement weather, or you may ask the day of the inclement weather. Please contact your supervisor or your telework authorizing authority at your agency with your request.